Friday 16 March 2012

Laughing Under the Sea

Mermaid 1


I'd like you to meet the first mermaid of my series of five. She was actually the last design of the five I drew. I like her so much because she laughs at life and enjoys her time with her fishy friends. I tested different colors but because I love purple so much I settled on it for her hair. This little mermaid was my first painting of this year. Drawn on scratch paper while at work and painted on Batmankoff 

I like her because regardless of the fact that I was sick with strep throat she gave me something to do to push through my recovery. I'm not a home body at all so painting her eased the difficulty of being stuck at home fighting sickness. I was happy to go back to work but also happy I had time to paint her.  Over the next week or so I will be posting the other four mermaids with other art.






No comments:

Post a Comment